As if cookie dough and pistachios are not two of the most addicting foods ever, I’ve combined the two to make a tasty cookie! The recipe is easy and perfect for your holiday parties!
Pistachio Snow Ball Cookies
- 1 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar for cookies / 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar for coating
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 c. chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix softened butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla until all ingredients are fluffy.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until the ingredients are blended.
- Add in chopped pistachios and mix until they are blended in the cookie dough.
- Take a small ice cream scooper (1 tbsp) and place dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes. The bottoms should be a light brown when you take them out.
- Put 1 1/2 c. of powdered sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Remove from oven and give them a minute to cool down.
- Coat cookies in the powdered sugar and transfer to a cooling rack. The rack should have a paper towel underneath to catch the loose sugar.
- Eat as is or feel free to roll them one more time in the powdered sugar
Pairs well with: Sauvignon Blanc
These cookies are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Even your friends and family who aren’t “sweets people” will enjoy these little bites.