If you’re fond of spicy food, like myself, you may consider the trinity of greatness to be jalapenos, bacon, and cream cheese. Plop that on a buttery croissant, and you’ve got yourself something to swoon over.
Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad
- 2 jalapenos (you can do more or less depending on your preference)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 6 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 2 c. rotisserie chicken
- 1 c. shredded cheese (I like to use Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack)
- 6 strips of bacon
- a dozen croissants
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon strips on the paper.
- When the oven is ready, cook bacon for 18 minutes.
- Seed and dice jalapenos.
- Mince garlic.
- Add the jalapenos, garlic, cream cheese, and sour cream together (this is easiest to do with an electric mixer).
- Shred the rotisserie chicken and add it to the mixture.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Once the bacon is done cooking, cut into large pieces and add it to the mixture.
- Slice croissants and stuff with chicken salad.
This chicken salad has been known to be a party-pleaser! Make sure to grab one before you set them out – they go quickly!!