This meal has southern comfort written ALL over it! You’ll be sure to impress your spouse or dinner guests with these fool-proof meatballs and homemade Bourbon BBQ sauce. And the best part… it will take little effort from you to make them!
Bourbon BBQ Meatballs
For the meatballs:
- 1.25 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. goat cheese
- 1 c. panko
- 1/2 white onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dice onion and mince garlic.
- Combine all ingredients. The best way to do this is to use your hands. Do not over-mix.
- Form mixture into golf ball sized meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
For the sauce:
- 1 c. ketchup
- 1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 c. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of salt
- pinch of white pepper (or black if you don’t have white)
- 2 tbsp. Bourbon (I use Buffalo Trace)
- 1/4 c. water
- In a medium-sized pot, mix together all of the ingredients and cook on low while the meatballs are cooking. Stir occasionally.
- Before serving, turn up to medium heat for 5 minutes, while stirring, so that it will be warm when served.
- When meatballs are done, pour BBQ sauce over them.*
*Note: Since we did not brown the meat mixture before baking, you will not want to cook the meatballs in the sauce. If you try this, the meatballs will start to fall apart. These meatballs will stay intact perfectly if the sauce is poured over them or if they are dunked in the sauce before eating.