Palmiers are French pastries that are shaped like elephant ears. Traditionally, they are known as sweet treats that are covered in sugar. For my twist on this puff pastry favorite, I have decided to make them savory, with a slight bit of sweetness.
- 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/2 jalapeno, diced
- 3 tbsp. leeks (the white part), chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together cream cheese, goat cheese, orange zest, jalapeno, and leeks.
- Spread onto puff pastry.
- Fold each side about a 1/2 in. in*
- Continue folding until they meet in the middle.
- When the two folded edges have met, fold one over the top.
- Cut 1/4 in. slices and lay each one on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
*Pictures above demonstrate the folding process.
These goodies are quick and easy to make but they look stunning!
Enjoy these savory treats!