I’m ashamed to say that I didn’t try guacamole until I was 23 years old. I went 23 years without taking the pleasure of dipping a tortilla chip into a mound of the heavenly greenness, known as guacamole. But since I’m not fond of dwelling on the past, I’ll just savor in the past few years that I have been able to enjoy it and the many years of guacamole eating that are yet to come!
With that said, ever since realizing that I LOVE guac, I have done my best to perfect my recipe.
- 3 Haas Avocados
- 1 lime
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2-4 sprigs of cilantro (about 2 tbsp.)
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- Peel and pit avocados and put them in a large bowl.
- Slice lime and squeeze juice over avocados.
- Dice onion and add to the mix.
- Chiffonade cilantro and add to the mix.
- De-seed jalapeno and dice. Add to the mix.
- Add vinegar to the mix.
- Use a potato masher or alternative utensil to mash guacamole to your liking.
And that’s it! You have yourself a wonderful bowl of guac! Grab some tortilla chips for a dip or spread it over some chicken and rice. However you choose to eat it, I’m sure it won’t disappoint!