It’s certainly no surprise to those who have looked through my recipes that I’m a huge fan of anything SAVORY! With the array of cheeses and spices, these mini breakfast bites fit perfectly into that category.
Mini Breakfast Bites
- 1 c. whole milk
- 1 c. water
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. red pepper
- 3 c. flour
- 8 oz. Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 oz. Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a medium sauce pot, heat milk, water, and butter over medium-low heat.
- While melting, stir in the pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, and red pepper.
- Once melted, stir in flour by quickly stirring in one direction for about 2 minutes.
- Once combined, transfer to stand mixer bowl and let cool for 5 minutes.
- While cooling, grease a mini muffin tray (I use flour spray).
- Once cooled, add eggs one at a time, waiting until the egg before is completely mixed in.
- Add in cheeses and mix until combined.
- Scoop about 1 tbsp. of mixture into each muffin slot (almost to the top).
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven to 375 degrees F and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a few minutes and scoop out to eat.
I enjoy eating these plain but they also taste great when topped with sour cream, jam, or butter.
I love this recipe because it’s easy, makes a ton, and consists of ingredients that I usually already have laying around my kitchen.