Happy holiday, to all of my cheese-loving friends!! A wonderful holiday warrants a delicious recipe so I have decided to share my udderly cheesy macaroni and cheese! Oh yeah, it’s topped with buttery Cheez-Its!
Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 lb. pasta (I used Farfalle but I always switch it up)
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 c. whole milk
- 8 oz. Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground mustard
- 1 c. Cheez-Its, crushed
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package.
- While pasta is cooking, melt 2 tbsp. butter on medium heat.
- Once heated, stir in flour to make a roux.
- Once combined entirely, slowly mix in cheeses, one small handful at a time.
- Once combined entirely, mix in salt, pepper, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and ground mustard.
- Grease a casserole dish with spray or butter.
- Pour in pasta and then top with all of the cheesy mixture. Stir around so that all noodles are covered.
- Cover with 4 oz. of cubed cheese.
- Melt 4 tbsp. butter and mix with Cheez-Its.
- Spread over the top of macaroni and cheese mixture.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
This is my FAVORITE dish to make and my FAVORITE dish to eat!! It tastes delicious and warms up well, too!