After cooking in wine for 4 hours, the meat on these ribs literally fall off the bone. They are such a delectable treat to feast upon and they take very little effort.
- 3 lb. short ribs on the bone
- Olive Oil
- Medium white onion, chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2 c. red wine (I use Merlot)
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium heat.
- Brown on each side for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to plate.
- If needed, add a splash of oil to the dutch oven. Add in onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add sea salt, pepper, tomato paste, and thyme to the dutch oven. Stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in red wine and stir until combined.
- Put short ribs back in the dutch oven and cook for 3-4 hours. When ready, they should be falling off the bone, or at the very least, able to pull apart with a fork.
- Let meat rest for 20 minutes.
*If you would like to make a gravy, strain the pan sauce and put on the stove for about 10 minutes. While simmering, mix with 2 tbsp. flour and 1/4 c. of warm milk.
I like to serve these with cheese grits or macaroni and cheese.